- This event has passed.
Boca West Children’s Foundation 8th Annual Golf Challenge
November 9, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until November 9, 2020
Who: Boca West Children’s Foundation benefiting Unicorn Children’s Foundation
What: 8th Annual $100,000 Golf Challenge
When: Sunday, November 8, 2020 (Boca West Members Only) and Monday, November 9, 2020. (All charity teams) Tee times will be assigned
Where: Boca West Country Club
Why: To help kids and young adults with special needs excel in their communities
Price: $650 per player
1 Golf Player Spot
1 Duck for Duck Drop
*Includes Virtual Cocktail Reception on Tuesday, 11/10
Unicorn Children’s Foundation will receive a portion of the proceeds. The more foursomes we put together – the better chance of winning more money for kids and young adults with special needs.
We will follow the SAFE + SOUND program that was developed by hospitality experts in collaboration with worldwide health and sanitation specialists. It also includes directives of key agencies, such as the CDC.
A Message from Boca West Children’s Foundation
The Boca West Children’s Foundation and the Children’s Foundation of Palm Beach County have rescheduled their 8th Annual $100,000 Golf Challenge for Sunday, November 8th and Monday, November 9th at the Boca West Country Club honoring first responders and front line workers during COVID-19.
In these extraordinary times it is the children at risk who have been once again been the hardest hit by the many ills that are the byproduct of COVID-19. Their need for minimum life services like food, housing, bedding, education, and their safety have been accentuated by the Coronavirus. We turn to you to help us generate monies that will aid the 6,000 children serviced by the 30 charities our organization and our affiliate service.
Most of our charities have not been able to raise necessary funds through events due to COVID-19. This event will be one of the few that can help them. We were fortunate to have one of the last major charity events before the virus at our 10th Anniversary Gala on March 1st. We were able to raise $1,000,000 and we subsequently have distributed all of that to the charities. Now is the time we need to have you help us keep these services flowing to these children at risk and their families.
The safest means of exercising these past 5 months has proven to be golf. The resurgence during the pandemic is understandable as social distancing and being outdoors are extremely easy on the golf course. Boca West Country Club has safely averaged hundreds of rounds of golf each day since May. We hope you will be able to join us to make a difference in so many children’s lives and safely enjoy a few hours of outdoor fun and competition to help “our” children. Our safe and sound policies will follow CDC, FDA, State, Palm Beach and Boca West policies.
Many of you have signed up and paid for the original scheduled tournament which was to be held on March 30th. Others made a commitment but had not paid. We will be in contact with each of you to review where your participation stands. Some of you might not be in Florida or even play golf we hope we can still count on you to help by donating an entry fee.
We will be able to do most of the activities we have had with our previous tournaments….but just a little bit differently. Each foursome will be assigned tee times and will be asked to follow the “Safe and Sound” policies which accompany this cover note and the evite. Everyone will still receive their official golf shirt, sleeve of balls, gift chosen by you from our Superstore, brunch, drinks, additional food and drink items at our hospitality tents that will be pop up tents on the golf course.
The $100,000 Challenge has become the #1 Charity Golf event raising funds each year and we need your help to continue to do that. Please read through all the material and if you have any questions please call Christina Irving at 561-488-6980 or email email@example.com.
“Safe and Sound” Policies for the Participants in the Boca West Children’ Foundation $100,000 Golf Challenge
Golf has become the safest of activities during the Covid-19 times. The Foundation expects to have another fabulous golf tournament raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for those children and their families who are desperately at risk during the current crisis. We want the tournament to be fun, competitive and for everyone to be safe. Therefore, the following “SAFE AND SOUND” procedures will be in effect:
1. Each participant will receive a tee time on Sunday, November 8th or Monday, November 9th. Every player will be asked to arrive at the Club a half hour prior to their assigned time…please, no earlier.
2. Prior to arriving at the Boca West Country Club each participant will be asked to take his/her temperature (if below 100.3 proceed to the Club).
3. All participants should download the Golf Genius app and the Click Bid app to their phones from the App Store (further explanation to follow).
4. Each participant will receive a Foundation face mask. Everyone will be asked to wear it whenever they are not actually on the golf course.
5. Upon arrival at the Club the participant will be directed to the parking garage. They then will proceed to the Starters desk to have their temperature taken and be assigned a golf cart.
6. You may choose to ride alone, with your spouse or with your friend in specially designed carts that have a shield dividing the riders. Boca West members may use their own carts but will be expected to abide by the Safe and Sound policies.
7. After securing your cart, return to your car to load your clubs and any other paraphernalia you need; then proceed to the driving range. You must be at the first tee 10 minutes prior to your tee time. There will be volunteers to direct you.*
8. Prior to teeing off you, will register at the tent at the first tee. You will receive bottles of water, a sleeve of balls, hand sanitizer, a program, a reminder sheet regarding social distancing on the course, instructions of play (including two attempts at a hole in one that can win you a new Mercedes or $10,000 for your favorite charity), a scorecard, the location of the volunteer tents on the golf course and what to expect at each hole (there will be brunch, drinks, other food courts, raffles, your gift from our Superstore, info on our live auction and very a big surprise on the 18th hole).
9. We will make every attempt to get each participant’s handicap either before the tournament or at the first tee and you will be scoring on your Golf genius app.
10. Upon completion of your round you will return your clubs to your car and the cart to the assigned area.
11. The Famous Foundation Duck Drop will be held, as usual, and someone will win $2500.
12. There will be a special on-line event at 7pm on Tuesday, November 10th when winners will be announced, and the charity winnings disclosed. There will be a Live Auction (including our usual amazing items) and those joining may win one of 5 $500 American Express gift cards.
The Foundation has run this tournament for the past 7 years. It has become recognized as the best in South Florida. Though this year it will be different…it still will be great…and “SAFE AND SOUND”.
*Some of these procedures may be changed due to CDC, Palm Beach County or Boca West Country Club direction.