- This event has passed.
Paw Prints in the Sand 2020
July 10, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until July 12, 2020
Thousands of dogs and their owners will get the chance to compete for Best in Show from 8 AM to 6 PM each day
“Not only is this a fun activity for families but it is the perfect place to talk to breed experts about topics such as training, grooming and the right breed for your lifestyle. An AKC dog show is also a great place to start your search for a responsible breeder.”
- Meet and greet a variety of different dog breeds. Visitors can learn about responsible dog ownership and speak with breeders, owners, and handlers. (ALL DAYS)
- Watch dogs test their extreme water skills in exciting Dock Diving competitions. (ALL DAYS)
- Watch the judging of various breeds in Conformation and cheer for your favorite. (ALL DAYS)
- See young owner-handlers compete against their peers in the Junior Showmanship Competition. (ALL DAYS)
- Watch owner-handlers compete in a special series called the National Owner-Handled Series. These exhibitors are striving for a spot in the finals at the AKC National Championship presented by Royal Canin in Orlando in December. (ALL DAYS)
- Watch children as young as five years old get started in the sport by participating in a Pee Wee competition. (THURS ONLY)
- See puppies getting started in the sport in the AKC Sanctioned 4 and under 6 Months Puppy Competition. (FRI & SAT)
The Boca Raton Girl Scouts and 4-H members will be coming this year to earn their patches through the AKC Dog Show Patch Program. This educational program is designed for children of all ages to learn and have fun while attending a dog show. Through the program, children will meet dogs and handlers and learn about the seven AKC breed groups, events at an AKC dog show, responsible dog ownership, canine care, and much more.
The North America Diving Dogs (NADD) will be attending the cluster again this year. Diving dogs is a canine sport in which dogs are enticed to run the length of a dock and leap as far out into the water as possible to compete for height or distance. They’re motivated to fly with a prized toy, which is thrown just out of reach in order to help them keep their momentum and get the best launch angle possible. Spectators can watch dogs test their extreme water skills in this exciting event.
All judging will be indoors under air conditioning with food and merchandise vendors available.
Events will be taking place from 8 am-6 pm each day. Vendors & food available .
Entry for this fun-filled event is only $5 per person with a $5 parking fee per vehicle. Children under 12 are free. Dogs that are not entered in the event are not allowed on the show grounds except for service dogs.
For more information on this event or the hosting clubs, visit http://bocaratondogclub.org
The Boca Raton Dog Club, Inc. is an AKC Member Club and non-profit organization that focuses on its core mission to promote responsible dog ownership. It also helps raise funds to provide Fire Rescue vehicles in Palm Beach County with vital equipment, like pet oxygen masks and equipment for the Boca Raton Police K-9 unit. Find more information about the Boca Raton Dog Club at bocaratondogclub.org or visit us on our Facebook page.
President, Boca Raton Dog Club