- This event has passed.
August 8, 2019 @ 6:30 pm
One event on September 10, 2019 at 6:30 pm
The Boca Raton Police Services Department is proud to offer the National Self Defense Institute’s “SAFE” program as a free service for the women of our community. The 2-hour SAFE program provides teenage and adult women with personal safety information and a pre-familiarization with physical training methods. Prevention, options, strategies, and physical techniques are the key components of the SAFE Program.
Upon completion of the SAFE course, participants will benefit from the knowledge of:
- Crime prevention programs
- The opportunity for participants to familiarize themselves with the possibility of future physical skills training.
- A dynamic 13-piece full color folio packed with safety information every woman should know.
- A 17-minute motivational video that is shown as part of every program.
- A comprehensive offering of risk reductions strategies.
Boca Raton SAFE classes are instructed by Officer Rosalind Gualtieri, Officer Janine Pratt, Officer Jessica Desir, Officer Lauren Kresse and Officer Katya Cohen, who have over 80 years of combined law enforcement experience. They ensure each class is conducted in a relaxed, non-intimidating environment and that the fitness levels of all participants are taken into consideration. Register here for SAFE class