South Florida Classic Dog Shows
March 9, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until March 13, 2022
The Boca Raton Dog Club and Palm Beach County Dog Fancier Association have joined forces to bring dog lovers the annual South Florida Classic Spring Cluster Dog Show! Thousands of dogs and their owners will get the chance to strut their stuff in the show ring Wednesday through Sunday, March 9th- 13h at the South Florida Fair Grounds East & West Expo Center, 9067 Southern Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL 33411 from 8 AM to 6 PM each day
“We are delighted to welcome spectators back to the annual ” South Florida Classic Spring Cluster” said Deborah Roberts, President of the Boca Raton Dog Club, Inc. “Not only is this a fun activity for families but it is the perfect place to talk to breed experts about topics such as training, grooming and the right breed for your lifestyle. An AKC dog show is also a great place to start your search for a responsible breeder.”
- Meet and greet a variety of different dog breeds. Visitors can learn about responsible dog ownership and speak with breeders, owners and handlers. (ALL DAYS)
- Watch dogs test their extreme water skills in exciting Dock Diving competitions. (ALL DAYS)
- Watch the judging of various breeds in Conformation and cheer for your favorite. (ALL DAYS)
- See young owner-handlers compete against their peers in the Junior Showmanship Competition. (ALL DAYS)
- Watch owner-handlers compete in a special series called the National Owner-Handled Series. These exhibitors are striving for a spot in the finals at the AKC National Championship presented by Royal Canin in Orlando in December. (ALL DAYS)
- See puppies getting started in the sport in the AKC Sanctioned 4 and under 6 Months Puppy Competition.
- Canine Good Citizen Testing • Trick Dog Testing (ALL DAYS)
*Pee Wee Competition Class for kids 5 – 9 years old
The North America Diving Dogs (NADD) will be attending the cluster again this year. Diving dogs is a canine sport in which dogs are enticed to run the length of a dock and leap as far out into the water as possible to compete for height or distance. They’re motivated to fly with a prized toy, which is thrown just out of reach in order to help them keep their momentum and get the best launch angle possible. Spectators can watch dogs test their extreme water skills in this exciting event.
All judging will be indoors under air conditioning with food and merchandise vendors available.
Spectator entry for this fun-filled event is only $5 per person with a $5 parking fee per vehicle. Children under 12 are free. Dogs that are not entered in the event are not allowed on the show grounds except for service dogs.
For more information on this event or the hosting clubs, call 561-271-9506
The Boca Raton Dog Club, Inc. is an AKC Member Club and non-profit organization that focuses on its core mission to promote responsible dog ownership. It strives to protect and advance the interest of purebred dogs, breeding and exhibiting under the highest possible ethical standards as well as to educate and encourage the public’s interest in the same. It also helps raise funds to provide Fire Rescue vehicles in Palm Beach County with vital equipment, like pet oxygen masks and equipment for the Boca Raton Police K-9 unit. Find more information about the Boca Raton Dog Club here.
The Palm Beach County Dog Fancier’s Association actively advocates for responsible dog ownership and is dedicated to advancing dog sports.
President, Boca Raton Dog Club 561-271-9506