- This event has passed.
United Way of Broward County’s 30th Annual Day of Caring
December 11, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
United Way of Broward County to Host its 30th Annual Day of Caring Presented by Memorial Healthcare System on Saturday, December 11th from 10:00 a.m. – Noon.
• United Way of Broward of Broward County is inviting community members to UNITE to support our neighbors in need by taking part in its 30th Annual Day of Caring.
• The non-profit organization is asking participants to create a shoebox filled with new toiletries and essential items, such as such as travel-size shampoo, deodorant, travel-size soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, adhesive bandages, hand towels, prepaid phone cards, pens, journals, etc., and then bring the filled shoeboxes to the celebration drop-off Day of Caring event at United Way of Broward County on December 11th.
• Participants are also encouraged to decorate their shoeboxes by wrapping them like a gift and including a written note of encouragement to brighten the day of those going through difficult times.
• Plus, to celebrate 30 years, a special surprise will be gifted to the 30th car that drives through!
• Did you know that over 250,000 people in our community do not know where they will get their next meal? For participants who would like to give above and beyond, United Way is collecting monetary donations to purchase meals to support its Project Lifeline program. Monetary donations can be made by visiting UnitedWay.org/DayofCaringMeals.
• Students also get Volunteer Hours for Day of Caring – they can receive up to 5 volunteer hours for participating. The volunteer hours need to be completed outside of school hours and students must bring their form when dropping off their shoeboxes.
• United Way is asking that participants please post pictures and tag them on social media #DayofCaringBroward.
• United Way of Broward County’s Day of Caring promotes the spirit and value of volunteerism and demonstrates what the community can accomplish by working together. Each year, hundreds of volunteers lend their time, talents, and energy to making a difference in our community.
• Sponsors included: Presenting Sponsor: Memorial Healthcare System; Event Sponsors: HealthTrust Workforce Solutions and Ultimate Kronos Group and Corporate Partners: JM Family Enterprises, Inc., Southeast Toyota Distributors, Consolidated Credit, Publix Super Markets, Broward Health, OffleaseOnly.com, Celebrity Cruises, Holman Enterprises, Memorial Healthcare System, Ultimate Kronos Group, Nova Southeastern University, BNY Mellon Wealth Management, The Castle Group, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Verizon and Wells Fargo.
DETAILS: To register, please visit: UnitedWayBroward.org/DayofCaring