Where Were You This Past Week?
On Thursday evening 26 nonprofit agencies were invited to submit a full grant request to Impact 100PBC for 2020. Impact 100 of southern Palm Beach County provides a philanthropic opportunity for women to join together and make a big impact. Through high-impact grant-making and efficient philanthropy, they engage, develop and inspire women to create positive change.
“Our biggest dream for Impact 100 Palm Beach County is that we educate our members about the great need in our community and that we are informed and thoughtful in how we give funds back, so we can make the biggest impact possible with our $100,000 grants.”
Semi-Finalists for 2019-2020:
Arts, Culture & Historic Preservation:
- Boca Raton Museum of Art
- Digital Vibez
- Spady Cultural Heritage Museum
- Florida Atlantic University Foundation
- Milagro Center
- Ruth and Norman Rales Jewish Family Services
- Blue Planet International Explorers’ Bazaar & Writers’ Room
- Delray Beach Youth Tennis Foundation
- Junior Achievement of South Florida
- Junior Achievement of the Palm Beaches & Treasure Coast
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- Roots & Wings
Environment and Animal Welfare:
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium Research Institute
- Coastal Conservation Association Florida
- Community Greening
- Peggy Adams Animal Rescue
- 4KIDS Palm Beach
- American Association of Caregiving Youth
- Boca Helping Hands
- City House of Delray Beach
- Kindness Matters 365 Foundation
Health & Wellness:
- Center for Trauma Counseling
- Compass LGBT Community Center
- Mind & Melody
Finalists will be announced on March 31stat Saks Fifth Avenue.
On Friday, the Boca Raton Police Foundation held the 3rd Annual Call for Backup Party, hosted Jennifer and Marc Bell at their beautiful home. In addition to a night of delicious hors d’ouevres and cocktails, attendees enjoyed entertainment, demonstrations of police equipment, vehicles & K9’s as well as live and silent auctions.
It was also an opportunity for those who have not done so before, to meet Interim Chief of Police, Michele Miuccio. Proceeds from the event will fund initiatives that enhance the safety of our community and the effectiveness of our police department.
Joined the members of the Gold Coast Builders Association for the 2020 Installation & Hall of Fame Red Carpet Gala.
Along with Mayor Scott Singer and State Representative Dan Daley, assisted in the installation of the GCBA board and its officers.
Congratulations to the 2020 board and executive officers.
The Gold Coast Builders Association was established in 1986 and is a dedicated South Florida builders association with a reputation of excelling in Palm Beach County governmental affairs.
GCBA members are dedicated to fulfilling the “American Dream” of affordable home ownership for everyone.
2020 Executive Officers:
- Jay Huebner, HSQ Group Inc, President
- Maya Chocron, K Hovnanian Homes, 1st VP
- Rafael Roca, Dr Horton, 2nd VP
- Jason Handin, Ward Damon, Associate President
- Steve Karp, Melamed & Karp, VP of Finance
- David Kanarek, Pulte Group, Immediate Past President