Athletic events coming up:
Red Sneakers Runner’s Edge Memorial Day 5K – Sunday May 27th at 7AM
Michael Gomez, age 9, along with Runner’s Edge is hosting a 5K and mile run at the YMCA of South Palm Beach County. The goal is to raise funds that will put food allergy awareness books, materials, and events into our schools and community. We have partnered with Michael’s family, along with The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Connection Team, FAACT to help achieve this goal. If you are a business owner, please read more about the SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. If you are a runner, SIGN-UP!! (There is even a virtual run and you will receive an awesome finisher medal). Many thanks to mom Sara Gomez for leading this event with her son.
To learn more or to sign up go to: runsignup.com/Race/FL/BocaRaton/MemorialDay5K1mileBocaRaton
8th Annual Run for the Ribbons 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile – Sunday June 2nd at 7AM
The Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Lynn Cancer Center is the starting point for the scenic 5K Run/walk. Accuchip timing, Awards Top 3 overall and 5-year age groups 10 & under, 11-14, 15-19… to 70+ and top 3 staff members/MD’s Male/Female. Scenic 5K course Through Old Floresta neighborhood in Boca Raton. Produced by Runner’s Edge Foundation. Accuchip timing & photo finishes. Call Darci McNally DMcNally@brrh.com or 561-955-4501 for more information or www.brrh.com. Special awards top 3 male/female staff members of BRRH. All proceeds go to LCI League of Ribbons.
Gym competition: Largest team and fastest teams (consists of minimum 2 men and 2 women). Select your gym at registration and enter your code at checkout GYM2019
Price increase $5 after 5/29. Family registrations must be done in person at Runner’s Edge or by mail. Up to 5 immediate family members for $65. Packet pickup at Runner’s Edge (3195 N. Federal Hwy, Boca Raton) May 26th-June 2nd noon or race morning 6am-7am at race site.
American Heart Association at CycleNation – Wednesday June 5th at 5PM
CycleNation is the American Heart Association’s nationwide movement aimed to empower a nation to use road bikes, stationary bikes, spin classes and more to help Americans get heart and brain healthy while raising funds to continue vital community programs that will forever change the course of heart disease and stroke.
About the event at CycleBar in Boca Raton:
We’re encouraging local companies to support by becoming a sponsor or sponsoring bikes to be used by employees to show support of the American Stroke Association’s mission and commitment to engage employees toward ideal heart health.
– Each bike can have up to 4 relay riders
– Teams are encouraged to raise funds to donate to the AHA to fund lifesaving stroke research
Co-chairing the inaugural event is:
Ed Tancer – Shareholder at Gunster
Tom Hunt – Executive Vice President and General Counsel at SBA Communications
Michael Mitchell – Shareholder at Gunster
Sponsorship inquiries and general event questions can be directed to Teresa Dabrowski at Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org or 561.697.6617.
Maccabi Fun Run – Sunday June 23rd at 7:30AM
A fun run (5k run and walk) to benefit athletes attending the Maccabi European and Pan Am Games as part of Team USA this summer, including our very own Melissa Perlman, who is Chair and Captain of the Half Marathon Teams and support Maccabi USA. Our long-term goal is to set up an endowment for future South Florida athletes hoping to attend the Maccabi World and Regional Games; help us get there!
This will be one of the FIRST four Maccabi Fun Runs in the USA! Three other USA cities (DC, Raleigh and Philadelphia) and 20 cities in Europe and Africa will also be hosting FUN RUNS on the same day in their respective communities!
— 5K Run/Walk Start is at 7:30am
— Fun, food, beverages and prizes from 7:00am – 10:00am
— There will also be a post-FunRun After-Party, Athlete Send-Off for our Maccabi USA athletes,coaches and other team members heading to the Pan Am Games in Mexico City and European Maccabi Games in Budapest, Hungary this summer! Learn more by visiting their website www.maccabifunrun.com.
This summer, Maccabi USA FLF (Future Leaders Forum) is excited to host a series of “Maccabi Fun Runs” across the country, in partnership with 20+ Maccabi Clubs in Europe, Israel and South Africa, as part of the Global Maccabi FLF Movement.
The Maccabi FunRun is the largest, international Jewish Sports, Community and Charity Day. This summer, Maccabi FunRuns will culminate with a celebration to send off Maccabi USA Athletes from South Florida who will be traveling to the European Maccabi Games in Budapest and the PanAm Maccabi Games in Mexico City, to represent Maccabi USA.
Start marking your calendar for the upcoming season’s “must do” events:
- August 1-31: Boca Raton Chamber Festival Days
- August 5: White Coats for Care
- August 24: Boca Raton Chamber’s Wine and all that Jazz
- September 14: Brazilian Independence Day Gala Dinner
- September 20: Boca Ballroom Battle for George Snow Scholarship Foundation
- September 28: 2019 Golden Bell Battle of the Bands for Boca Chamber Foundation
- October 4: Heart and “Soles” Gala for American Association of Caregiving Youth
- October 16: Impact 100PBC Kick off
- October 18: Boca Raton Regional Hospital’s Go Pink Luncheon
- October 26: Boca Raton Chamber’s Ball
- October 27: Making Strides for Breast Cancer
- October 31: Halloween at The Addison
- November 7: Faulk Center Community Impact Awards
- November 8: Junior League Woman Volunteer of Year
- November 9: Connected Warriors Gala
- November 10: Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- November 16: Downtown Boca Raton Rotary’s Mayor’s Ball
- November 23: Boca Raton Holiday Tree Lighting
- December 7: Jewish Family Services Gala
- December 11: City of Boca Raton Holiday Street Parade
- December 12: AJC Advocacy in Action Dinner
- December 14: JAFCO Gala
- December 21: City of Boca Raton Holiday Boat Parade
- January 18 (2020): OPAL Awards for Boca Raton Rotary
- February TBD: George Snow Foundation Cowboy Ball
- February 22: Boca Raton Regional Hospital Gala
- March 4: YMCA Inspirational Breakfast
- March 8: JARC Gala
- April 4: Child Rescue Coalition Gala
- April 15: Impact 100PBC Grand Awards
- April 25: Best Foot Forward Gala
That’s the list “to date.” Updates will be made as organizations finalize their plans.